EDUCATION AND MUSEUM
Carmen’s Hall will talk transport to young people.
THE GALLERY HALL
- This will provide the City with a brand new facility to explore and share the life blood of our society - the wide ranging challenges and benefits of our essential industry.
- Here Carmen will be able to entertain and inform children from London’s primary schools, educate and inform secondary school students, and advise sixth formers.
- Carmen will have the facilities to organise and host special seminars and lectures, enhancing and disseminating transport knowledge.
- Here we will offer a state of the art lecture hall for members and their guests, for industry experts, for specialists in the movement and mobility of people and goods.
- Equipped with state of the art interactive screen and audio-visual screen and system, stackable seats and track lighting, the lecture hall will facilitate workshops, seminars and lectures.
- It will provide young Londoners and our industry with a high functioning venue to talk transport to tomorrow’s drivers, mechanics and staff, movement managers, logistics entrepreneurs, and eventual executives.
THE LEARNING CENTRE
Students can gather with expert teachers to discuss transport careers, employment opportunities, qualification needs, and paths to personal fulfilment - in an industry which offers multiple choices beyond most youngsters’ imaginations.
They will be helped by the proximity of our administrative offices, where the Company’s staff can provide information and advice about the Hall, and where our young visitors can refresh themselves from our kitchen.
The upstairs learning centre will add to the museum and lecture facilities, offering flexible desking, properly equipped, with monitors and office-easy furniture for education and related needs.
- We will seek links with transport collections, other museums and galleries, to develop virtual accessions here to enhance the Carmen’s service to transport education.
- Members’ relevant transport mementoes can be held and displayed here in perpetuity, where the museum will offer a secure home for them.
- Here too qualified researchers can access the museum’s physical holdings and study its virtual accessions, to advance transport knowledge.
- The museum will endeavour to link the building’s past, the Company’s history, and other displays throughout the building, all within our progressive Carman heritage.
- Equipped with interactive education technology and comfortable furniture, the museum will enable scholarly study, public information and serve members’ interests.
- In this separate, specially dedicated space, Carman books, models, artefacts and memorabilia will be housed and displayed for research, study and public access.
TO REALISE THE CARMAN VISION CARMEN NEED CARMEN’S HELP
The building is yours – bought and paid for.
Much work has been done, but there’s more to be done.
Please help make the vision a reality - for all Carmen and for those in need.